What's new

Parts are there but assembly disappeared

PaulProe

I am working on a project that has around 20 parts in it. Just added four more, constrained them as needed and all of a sudden, the view of the assembly is GONE!. Did a reboot to no avail. Checked other drawings and they are fine so I suspect the assembly file is corrupt, not the program.

Did a search and nothing recent is showing up. I am using current version of 12, Win8-64 bit. The program has performed fine till this occurred. Tried deleting the most recent additions but nothing comes back. Tried regenerate multiple times but still no pictures. The only thing on the screen is the three planes.

Any idea how to correct this?

I've attached the file in case anyone wants to see it

Paul

Attachments

• New Assembly (2).AD_ASM
    70 KB · Views: 3

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Assembly file is no use without the parts - or export the whole assembly as Alibre.stp file which contains everything.

PaulProe

Sorry, first time for posting a file. STP file attached as a zip file

Paul

Attachments

• New Assembly (2).zip
    167.8 KB · Views: 5

Jim C

Just took a quick look. There it looks like that there are a couple of parts way out in the plus X direction and two parts way out in the negative x direction, these are side panels 1 & 2 and 3 & 4. If you zoom in to the origin it looks like the major portion of the assembly is there, just the scale is changed to include all the parts. Suppressing the panels will scale to show your main assembly. The panels need to be moved or deleted and re-positioned.

Jim C

Attachments

• Screenshot (61).png
    Screenshot (61).png
    182.3 KB · Views: 21