What's new

Search results

1. dlaery

draw gear to a set diament

ok, now the design calls for larger diamenter gears. it looks like I just start over. or can I scale the gears and will that work ok?
  2. dlaery

What determines the Item number in the BOM?

Thanks! I figured out how to delete them and re-create.
  3. dlaery

my exploded view drawing is wrong with the BOM. the "call out" is what it wrong. before today I resequenced my BOM and saved. I reprojected my exploded view drawing. my BOM and Exploded view drawing are not the same. ithey are off by 1 part, meaning part 6 should be part 7 and so on. I have...
  4. dlaery

can't get an assembly contraint to work

I was able to get ti work but had to suppress an extrusion and then the constraint worked and then unsuppressed the extrusion and it still works. Thanks!
  5. dlaery

can't get an assembly contraint to work

this is 2 flat surfaces I am tring to mate and get this error? i deleted the part and re-inserted into the assembly and will not constrain to that surface. so my main question is, what does the stautus mean? in the other attached pic show how this part is drawn or modified from an imported file...
  6. dlaery

well i finally got ot this far. Thanks for the help!
  7. dlaery

I used David Bolsover's utilities and now a day later I don't remember what number I used. if you don't know what the pitch is but know the diameter and number of teeth, is there a way to figure out the pitch?
  8. dlaery

how do I constrain these gears? or where do i start? should I have saved a print screen when I did the Utilities? I have to draw a housing with bearing in the housing to run these gears.
  9. dlaery

thanks i have installed it and still trying to figure out how to use this.
  10. dlaery

Thanks!
  11. dlaery

I use the gear geanerator but I don't know how to draw to a gear to a certain diameter. this will be 3 gears in a row I need them to be 1.85 inches.. is scaling an acceptable way to get the size I want? ok, now I realize that Pitch diameter is what I want to use to get the right diameter...
  12. dlaery

how to draw gears

where would i install these scripts? Here? \\MAIN\Users\Hook\Documents\Alibre Script Library\Examples\Mechanical
  13. dlaery

how to draw gears

i delted the Profile and now it work.
  14. dlaery

how to draw gears

ok I am trying the video Alibre - Make Helical and Herringbone Gears the Easy Way |JOKO ENGINEERING| and cannot get it to work. i don't have the same script he is using, i am usning the one that comes with Alibre. I will search for the other I can't get this to work and don't know why?
  15. dlaery

how to draw gears

thanks for all the help. when i see a "script" I guess I panic. It's seems pretty easy now. I just needed a jump start. thanks!
  16. dlaery

how to draw gears

thanks I looked at those utilities and didn't think i knew how to use them but found a video on google that was very helpful and now for what I want it seems pretty easy . I do want gears that can be printed and used in a machine we are building.
  17. dlaery

how to draw gears

i seen on here that HaroldL put up a video showing how to draw gears. where can i find that?
  18. dlaery

ok resequence does the trick after I drag to sort the way I want. now I havd a 3 parts that are not in my list "14-20 Steel Nylon-Insert Locknut" That seem odd
  19. dlaery

can that be changed? I am trying to come up with an order of assembly for someone to follow to put the assembly togeather or a set of directions.
  20. dlaery

exploded views

i found how to edit and delete